Amsterdam Expats

Home < Expat ABC < Verblijfsvergunning

A · B · C · D · E · F · G · H · I · J · K · L · M · N · O · P · Q · R · S · T · U · V · W · X · Y · Z

Verblijfsvergunning is best translated to residence permit.

If you come from an EU/EER- country or Switzerland, you may stay in the Netherlands for three months. During this time working is not allowed.

If you want to life and work in The Netherlands you will need a residence permit. Factors such as nationality, background, income and education are important for obtaining such a permit.

They can apply one at the unit Immigratie & Nationaliteiten (I&N) of the Dienst persoonsgegevens or at the Alien's Police.