Amsterdam Expats

Home < Expat ABC < Housing permit

A · B · C · D · E · F · G · H · I · J · K · L · M · N · O · P · Q · R · S · T · U · V · W · X · Y · Z

In Dutch: Huisvestingsvergunning

Sometimes a Huisvestingsvergunning is translated as a residence permit. This is wrong cause a residence permit is in Dutch called a Verblijfsvergunning.
A housing permit is a permission to live in a house. It is required for almost all rental dwellings. It does not matter if it is owned by a housing association or private landlord. You will need a housing permit also for some newly built dwellings that are offered for sale.