Amsterdam Expats

Home < Expat ABC < Authorisation for temporary stay

A · B · C · D · E · F · G · H · I · J · K · L · M · N · O · P · Q · R · S · T · U · V · W · X · Y · Z

In Dutch: Machtiging Voorlopig Verblijf (MVV)

Foreigners from most non-EU/EEA-countries need a MVV if they want to come to Holland. With a MVV, foreigners can travel to the Netherlands and stay here for 3 months. After 3 months, the MVV is not valid anymore. If you want to stay in the Netherlands or want to work here, you have to apply for a Residence permit. An MVV can be obtained at a consular representative or Netherlands diplomatic in your country of residence.

Inhabitants of non-EU/EEA-countries who do not need a MVV are:
Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, United States of America and Vatican City.